instrument cluster illumination lights out

I have a 2002 Town and Country. All of my instrument illumination that would usually come on with the headlights and be controlled by the dimmer no longer illuminate. The only thing that lights on my dash is the digital odometer.

The headlights work fine and I tested the dimmer switch for changing resistance but I don't know the actual values I should be looking for. It does vary resistance and the other positions of the switch do work. It will vary the brightness of the odometer too. Before this problem occurred I allowed the battery to run down. (All day car wash with the radio on.)

Anyone have any ideas on this?

TIA,

Chris

Reply to
tja

Update: Some research showed that this could be related to the body control module. A $500.part from my local dealer. Hearing the price I figured I'd do some more testing. I tested the bulbs and some were good and some were bad. I disconnected the battery for a while and when I reconnected it the lights began to work again. I have no idea why but they are almost all working now. Chris

Reply to
tja