Jeep Liberty - All power windows/moon roof quit working

It's my daughter's car. They're all up and none will go down. I told her it sounded like a fuse. I looked in her owner's manual to get the info on the fuse. The manual indicates that the moon roof and horn relays are on the same fuse as the windows relay. But the horn blows. Any suggestions? Could the manual be wrong?

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

You didn't say what year, Petey.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if the manual is wrong.

Here's the biggest clue that it in fact probably is wrong: How many cars do you know that the power windows will operate with the ignition off) (answer: not many) How many cars do you know that the horn won't blow with the ignition off? (answer: not many) That's a good indication that they are on different circuits - windows are powered thru ignition switch, horn power supply line is hot all the time.

Someone else will have to tell you which fuse is for the windows and sunroof (I only have LH car FSM/schematics).

Reply to
Bill Putney