Lebaron Turbo Stalling & Head Gasket Question

Sometimes my 89 Lebaron turbo will start to buck and stall when I'm on the highway, but it will start again after a few minutes. I changed the ignition pickup (Hall sensor), MAP sensor, and ASD, and the vaccuum lines seem to be fine. But it turns out the car has a head gasket leak, as coolant has been disappearing from the reservoir and the radiator coolant is bubbling.

I'm thinking of getting it fixed, but before I do, I'd like to know whether a head gasket leak can cause a car to intermittantly buck and stall, like mine did?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Reply to
Robert Bryant