loud noise left front

I have a 200 Dodge Caravan. Today when taking my daughter to school, I stopped at a stop sign and when proceeding again, heard a weird noise coming from the left front tire area. My daughter described it as an "ice machine sound." Anybody have any idea what it could be? Thanks, Kelly

Reply to
kellee40

Brakes? Wheel bearing? Without any info on mileage and when the brakes were last serviced and the vague description I really can't offer any more guesses. I'd get it to a brake place as this is the most likely cause and the Caravans can eat through front brake pads (and rotors) every 20K miles.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Bob Shuman

Were you turning? If yes:

CV joint Bearing Brakes

If no:

Bearing Brakes CV joint

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Could be the solenoids in the transmission, which make a grinding noise at a stop, and is perfectly normal.

Reply to
David

Hi David, can you please elaborate on that solenoid issue? Can it only happen in reverse and when the car the cold? I have the same thing in a 2001 Concorde and it looks like it is coming from the transmission but only in reverse. Should I be worried? Thanks.

Reply to
micky

Reply to
David