Nardelli, what are they thinking?

Why would Cerberus pick an incompetent like Bob Nardelli to run Chrysler? Obviously none of the Cerberus people have stepped foot in a Home Depot lately. Home Depots are much worse then they were before his tenure.

The man is the poster boy for executive excess, hardly the person to ask the unions for any kind of give backs. His record at Home Depot shows that he's not the person to take Chrysler in any kind of radical direction. I've driven Chrysler's for 20 years, I was hopeful that private management would allow Chrysler to get back to there former position as an innovator but the Nardelli hiring looks like Cerberus is only interested in slashing costs and breaking the company up into to pieces.

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

They don't call the firm Cerberus for nothing...

"Cerberus was the watchdog of the Greek underworld and faithful servant to Hades. He was charged with the job of devouring anyone trying to return to the land of the living and refused entrance to living humans."

Reply to
News

Exactly what I was thinking. Way too bad.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Chrysler is screwed!

Reply to
Scootter

Don't forget outsourcing to China. Ever notice how many Home Depot "house brand" items are now made in China? Almost as bad as Walmart or Target.

Reply to
Steve

Unfortunately, corporate America is like major league sports. Even if a coach is let go because he has a losing season, another team picks him up. It's a closed fraternity. A part of the problem stems from having interlocking boards of directors -- the same people on the boards of many other companies.

If they really wanted to bring in an outsider, why not Jack Welch?

Reply to
Lloyd

Yeah, it just blows my mind that they'd be that stupid. They could surely afford to hire somebody a lot cheaper who hasn't been totally discredited yet.

The bottom line is, they are all on the side of CEO's. Not just chrysler's board, but all of them.. Boards of Directors are always composed of CEO's of other companies.

It'll be interesting to see if some stockholders in some company (any company) are able to get out from under these guys some day. A lot of times, one officer will get paid more money than the whole company generates. The stockholders could steal all that money from the CEO, and maybe keep it.

Reply to
Joe