Neon Rod Knock

Anyone know of a way to quiet down a rod knock for a while. Some people say light oil so it gets to the bearing quick, others say thicker oil is better. ANY suggestions ?

Thanks !

Reply to
J & G Park

Replace the bearing, assuming it really is rod noise.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

I would if I could......BUT do to the BUSH....I can't afford to get it DONE !

Reply to
park.j

Well, heavier oil won't repair a bad bearing, assuming that is even your problem. From your incoherent response above, hard to tell what your problem really is.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Reply to
John

Yes indead; I do belevieve that it is a rod knock.......ALL I asked for was a little advise to see if anyone knew of anything that would help for a short time. You have been as friendly as George the Bush at a UNION MEETING...4 cly Chrysler engines are know to have bearing problems. I never would have bought this piece of crap.....It was a gift from a well meaning friend.

Reply to
park.j

Yes, either drive it to the Republican Convention or give it to Michael Moore.

And then decide what cheese goes best with your whine.

Reply to
Richard Smith

Not a whine, A hedge cutter for bushes......

Reply to
park.j

It is now pretty obvious that he really wasn't looking for a solution, just an excuse to rant about Chrysler and politics.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Lower the price and let the buyer hear the noise -- you'll sleep better at night and will avoid pesky threats of legal action.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Engine snot, a/k/a "motor honey". It will not help for long.

Only in your head.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Nothing will help a real rod knock for a short time (or a long time, or any time). IF its really a rod knock, the bearing will fail soon. Period.

No, they DON'T have bearing problems, actually. You're as foolish with your car as you are with your politics, it appears to me. :-p

Reply to
Steve