No heat on passenger side

I have a 2001 GC with dual climate controls. No heat on passenger side. Is this something I can do myself, or do I have to brave the dealership?

When I run the self test, I get fault code 47 "left emperature door was not responding"

I can't find details on this in any manual. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks,

Brian

Reply to
bcnwa

similar

it is the blend air doors,they are under the dash,the dash must be removed and the ac plenum box removed and the doors and or the motor must be replaced. dealer.......??? tough job, 8 hrs labor charge+ parts here. I wouldn't try it myself (my opinion)

Reply to
TNKEV

There was a TSB out on that problem for 2001 mini vans. It involves replacing the blend air door shaft. It takes about an hour to do assuming this is the problem you have. If it is the blend air motor at fault it would be less time to repair. Removal of the dash/HVAC not required. I have never seen a door go bad.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

the OP said GC,wich I figure is a Grand Cherokee,we have seen them break the doors, the axle breaks and then it just turns and doesnt open the doors.

and some the doors were stuck and burned up the motor.

Reply to
TNKEV

Yea I hear that allot and I'm familiar with what you are taking about. I think that set up is the same as my Durango and I'm starting to have issues with Recirc and Defroster mode. I need to take a look at mine when ever I get the chance. You never know, maybe the op is referring to the Cherokee. o well.