Passenger-side Window on '03 Silverado

I have an '03 Silverado Z71 extended cab w/ 5.3L engine, 4WD and about

56kmi. A few weeks ago my passenger-side power window stopped going up and down. When I press the power window button from either the driver side or from the passenger side there is an electronic click sound like there has always been but nothing more. Could this be a fuse issue or possibly a bad motor inside the door? I do have an extended warranty which is still in effect, however my thinking is if it was something simple like a fuse, I could just replace it and be on my merry way. Everything else on the door works - power lock, power mirror (see below), LED turn signal, etc. I am not very mechanical, so at this point disassembling the door is beyond me - perhaps a Chilton guide is in my future... In any event, I can always go to the dealer but it's a PitA during the work week for me to leave the vehicle.

Unrelated, but while I have everyone's attention, my power mirrors are the ones w/the built in signal LEDs and defrosters. I've had the passenger-side one replaced once under warranty because the defroster stopped working and it has happened a second time but I didn't get around to going to the dealer in the winter when they could test it. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Again, it's a warranty issue but curiosity has me wondering...

Thanks, Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Klein

you well need a new window track...it is made of plastic and they are prone to brake...your motor is fine but unfortunately the motor and track comes all together...since your still under warrantee take it in have them fix it for you

Reply to
Ironworker_721

brake...your motor is fine but unfortunately the

it for you

FROM AN EARLIER POST...SAME QUESTI> I have a 99 Chevy Silverado with power windows. The windows has stuck in up

That's really crazy because that same thing happened to my truck (i have the same make, model, and year as you) this weekend. I took it to my friend and he tried beating on the door a little bit before he started taking anything off. So first i would try that. Next what he did was unscrewed 3 bolts: one on the bottom of the panel, one under the handle, and one under the panel of the Lock/Unlock and power window

switch (you have to pop it off with a flathead screwdriver. After this there's a couple other plastic pieces that have to be popped off but is

easily done with a flathead screwdriver. Once all of them are taken off

then it's just a matter of pulling up on the panel and freeing it from the door. As soon as my friend did this he took a rubber mallet to the motor and gently tapped it. This freed up the window and it started moving again. Try doing that and then lube up the tracks and the motor and putting everything back. Hopefully this works. Good luck!

In Christ Alone

In Christ Alone

Reply to
jesusfreak_ace

to brake...your motor is fine but unfortunately the

fix it for you

Oh yeah. And a little rule of thumb...don't hold down on the button after it gets to the top or bottom of the windows. Try to let go as soon as possible. This keeps it from getting stuck and jamming the motor. One of those 'little-things-to-help-it-last-longer." You know.

In Christ Alone

Reply to
jesusfreak_ace

Thanks for the info - appreciate it.