Re: 93 Dodge Stealth Start-Up Problems

Check your temperature sensor. NOT the one wire one for your temp gauge on the dash but the 2 wire one for the computer. It should be located at the inlet hose on the engine, if I remember right. It MAY be giving false readings to the computer, telling it the engine is warm when it is really cold. When it is warm,it uses less fuel so if it is REALLY cold, you will not be getting enough fuel to run. A simple repair and you DON'T have to drain anything to do it. GOOD LUCK

I have a 1993 Dodge Stealth, It has 140,000 miles on it and in that > last thousand has had the seals replaced in the engine and the clutch. > Very recently it has had some idling/starting problems. If its left > to sit over night, in the morning when I try to start it it takes a > good couple of cranks to turn over, then runs for a second or two, > drops and dies. After starting it a couple times (about 5 or 6, each > with just a sparse improvement in idle time) it will sit and idle by > itself (cold idle). If when its in higher rev cold idle I try to tap > the gas, it drops the rpms down and then comes back up, if I just push > the gas pedal (quick) it dies. However, if I very lightly press the > pedal and then very slowly increase, it increases with me. Even after > that if I tap the pedal it drops and comes back up again. Once it > reaches a warm idle it runs good and restarts right back up without > any of the above problems. Only after I let it sit overnight (or such > a descent period of time) does it happen again. I was sure it was the > fuel pump and had it replaced, it has only made the smallest > improvement. I also thought perhaps there was dirt in the line or the > injectors, but with it working for the warm idle I dont see how its > possible. Anyone know or have an idea as to what it could be?
Reply to
Richard Benner Jr