Stratus replaced by Avenger Sedan?

I was looking on Dodge's website to see what the latest line-up is. I noticed that the Stratus is no longer there, but there is now an Avenger sedan. Is the Avenger sedan comparable to the Chrysler Sebring sedan?

-KM

Reply to
kmath50

Just slightly different bends in the body and a year "newer" at '08. IMO the Avenger looks slightly better. Also lined up in a test lab and shown on TV.

Reply to
who

comparisons.http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/comparison/results.html;_ylt=ApGgBJLDU...> UNu0jKfgIgOc78F;_ylv=3?pagetitle=overview&carid0=20895&carid1=21582&compa> re=Compare+cars

Looks like a baby Charger. Will be interesting to see how it sells, and how reliable it is. The 2.4L is generally reliable since the headgasket problem was fixed back in 1999. Is the 3.5 V-6 the same one that has been used for several years, or is it new? Looks like the 2.7 is gone.

-KM

Reply to
kmath50

Different engine isn't it. Just remembered I had the head gasket problem with the '86 2.5L.

I'm wondering too. Is it now VVT? It should be to compete with Toyota's lovely VVT 3.5L.

Just as well, with it's problems and being just slightly larger than the

2.4L and not yet VVT.
Reply to
who

The 2.7 is offered on the Avenger SXT and Sebring Touring. It's being pushed as a flex-fuel engine. But still, it only puts out 16 more hp on those models than the 2.4-L 4.

Reply to
Lloyd

The 2.7 is not a modern VVT engine and I'd be very cautious about it's history of sludge. Flex-fuel is mainly a game to get a better fleet fuel rating.

Reply to
who
2,4-L4 engine noise is awful. 2,7-V6 is quiet.

-Rockman-

"Lloyd" kirjoitti viestissä: snipped-for-privacy@p47g2000hsd.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Rockman

The 2.7 V6 isn't quiet, but passable. Based on our 2001 Sebring experiences.

I notice Hyundai and Kia offer a 2.7L V6 engine of very similar specs to Chrysler's 2.7 V6. Is it the same engine?

Reply to
Some O

Who gives a rip? VVT is not necessary to be "modern," nor is it necessarily desirable. VVT is just another tool in the engineer's toolbox, but you don't take out your plasma cutter to nip a 22 gauge wire, either.

Now that is a valid point, although from what I hear and read the sludge problem appears to be gone or at least not a problem if you take halfway decent care of the engine.

Reply to
Steve