Andi

When's the last time the plugs were checked/replaced? How 'bout the plug wires?. Has the CEL come on? Any misfire SHOULD trip the CEL - reading the codes will tell you which cyl "burped".

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Nope, no CEL ever comes on... I've bought some fuel system cleaner stuff to add to the gastank next time I fill up (not sure if it'll actually make a difference though)... if I can find the spark plugs I'll check those as well. They have never been replaced since I've owned the car - How can I tell if they need to be replaced? Or at

100K miles, should they be replaced just for good measure??

thanks,

Reply to
Andi

At 100K they should DEFINITELY be replaced (if they aren't seized in so tight you can't get them out)

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Hi: I know that we all struggle with the bolt on 'license plate'

frame forthe front-end of our Chargers. Many of us hate to put holes in the bumper and very much like the front of the car without the license plate, including myself. However, many of us live in states where the law requires a front license plate. Also, for those of you that use toll transponders you probably need a front plate also. In addition, for many state inspections you need a front license plate also.

Here is an idea for a front license plate holding device that requires no holes or license frame and that let you easily mount and dismount the plate when you feel like it.

Attached you will find a picture of some strong black suction cups that contain a threaded post that would allow you to mount the license plate to the front of the car, as the suction cup would seem to hold on tight to the 'bumper'

. Now, I haven't tried this yet, but I just placed an order for these to give them a try. I will put them on one of my old 'vehicles'
with anold expired license plate to see how they hold on up.

You can find these at this site: 'McMaster-Carr'

Just type in the search box "suction cups" Look in the results to find suction cups( 5 pages), click on that link and you will see some pages displayed on the right hand side, scroll down and you should see them entitled "Rubber Suction Cups w/Threaded Post" I ordered part

53535A22

They are pretty cheap, a box of 10 suctions cups are around $7.00

Any thoughts? Do you like the idea? Just trying to provide ideas to help my fellow Charger owners that have also been very helpful to me on this site.

[image:
nellihahn