Temperature readout frozen

The dash display of outside temp on my 09 PT was frozen at 83 degrees no matter what the outside temp was. Gas mileage seemed to have dropped a lot too. So I disconnected the battery for half an hour. Reconnected it and the temp display was working correctly again. After putting a few miles on it the gas mileage seems to have returned to normal.

Anyone else ever experienced this problem?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher