UAW vs UMWA

Ralph, I think this man is an idiot. The union (UMWA) is the reason the men make the so called big bucks they make today. The non union would not make as much as they do if it wasn't for fear that the men would organize. my husband was union and so was my father . And in the last strike the UAW supported the UMWA in their strike by send members down to help stand againt the coal company/ I would like to think that the UMWA would stand by the Auto Workers. There are a lot of people from here that went up north to work for the Auto Companies "THE BIG THREE" . They went to make money. And they made good money and have good retirements. They got their pay for an honest days work. As far as the big 3, they have got to start making cars that are more economical . Both to the environment and financially . They have the knowledge but aren't using it. As for the idiot , he probably wasn't worth fighting for . The UNION protects their own . When you don't live by the law of the Union or workplace -----you should be FIRED . HE SOUNDS LIKE A SCAB TO ME. EDUCATION AND ALL. BY THE WAY THE UMWA ARE NOT UNEDUCATED OR STUPID. This is my take on the subject. I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN THE UNION. . So that Dave fellow can take that to the FRIGGEN BANK. Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 6:41:07 AM Subject: Fw: UAW to members: We'll fight givebacks

Don't believe this fellow cares for the unions!

> What a crock! I use to be a UAW member in a small factory as an > electrician. I NEVER got any of the benefits all you big three members > got! Your manual laborers got more money for snapping windshield wiper > blades on cars than I got, the union never even attempted to protect us > peons! All we did was pay dues! You WHINE ASS babies finally got what > was coming! All your bichin about better pay and medical! Some of you > couldnt read from a Dick and Jane reader for christs sake yet you made > money hand over fist! I will say that corporate greed had a hand in > your plight but as I look back, the greedy union members are the > biggest reason that the companies are crumbling! You greedy slobs got > everything that was coming to you! You go to work, sip coffee, sit on > your asses and then complain about how you dont make enough! No wonder > your companies had to farm everything out. Quit your frikkin cry > babying and find a job and then go buy a Honda you stupid SOBS! It > seems that you ignorant bass turds arent even smart enough to figure > out that the small UAW shops made more money for the union than you big > three workers and nobody in the small shops ever gained ANYTHING! Take > your stupid assed union and shove it up the wazoo! > > > -- > trydave > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > trydave's Profile: >
View this thread: >

Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when.

Reply to
Ralph Griffith

That is true. It is also true that if none of the unions existed, yet the laws were not written to prohibit unionization, that the fear of the workers unionizing would still keep wages up.

The biggest thing that the unions did when they got started was to use political pressure to remove all the legal blocks to organizing. At that time business owners didn't realize that pressuring the government to pass laws to make unionization difficult merely pushed workers right into the union.

Today, the business owners in non-union industries have figured this out, and do not overtly make things difficult to unionize. What they do do, is when it appears that the ground is fertile to support a unionization drive, is they start raising wages.

Unions today need to climb out of the idea that they are only all about collective bargaining. Take a look at the IBEW someday. That's an example of a forward-looking modern Union that is liked by both the union members and their employers.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

All I've got to say is that the unions are not helping their thug reputation by their recent tactic of pushing for open ballot voting (in which your vote is made known when and where you cast it).

Bill Putney