electric car

Page 2 of 2
Dave Ryman (dave snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If only they WERE lead acid batteries...
The chemistry in electric and hybrid car batteries is FAR more environmentally horrible than that.
http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html ? in_article_idA7227&in_page_id70
(Yes, it's the Wail on Sunday, I know...)

Oh boy oh boy.
--
Regards,
Dave

hear hear.
--
Regards,
Dave

Go to La Rochelle in France, there was a speciall set up there and lots (comparatively) of PSA electric vehicles were there. Try a Google search for "electric cars uk" for lots of information on what is now happening.
By the way, just because Citroen want 15k (allegedly) for a new set of batteries, doesn't mean that is what one would have to pay. Do you ALWAYS buy ALL of your consumables from the authorised franchised dealer?
Brian ( snipped-for-privacy@tesco.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Would you like the part numbers?

You wouldn't get 'em anywhere else. It's not a handful of Duracells, y'know.

<snip>
set of

ALWAYS
Depends on how Bespoke the batteries are, if PSA used off the shelf batteries then yes you might well be able to source them elsewhere but if they were specially made for PSA there might boot be any option other than to source them from PSA.

I can get lots of bespoke PSA parts for far less than the UK franchised dealers ask. PSA certainly will not be manufacuring the batteries themselves.

new
you
dealer?
shelf
elsewhere
franchised
But nor will the actual manufactures be making them to sit on the self, we're not talking about some common but bespoke PSA parts here...

Accepted, they will not be that easy to find, but there are now quite a few traction battery manufacturers out there. And you can be sure that PSA are making at least 100% mark up on their price, probably far more if you could check back to the original supplier's price. Many of these large companies have a way of selling the part from company to company within their empire in order to increase the final price, but this does hide the vast mark up.

any
batteries
quite a few

Indeed but will they have access to the design that PSA used, again we are not talking about off the self designs.

their
supplier's
company to

but this

Indeed, if you can find the original manufacture then you may well be able to save money, but that does depend on the willingness of the company to sell direct or them even being able to - if PSA hold the patents etc.