Re: 1972 Citroen SM

eBay Motors:

Cor, that's lush as they say round these parts. Can't afford it and it's in the US so I can only look.

Reply to
malc

malc ("malc" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Importing from the US is a damn sight cheaper than putting a bad SM right...

Reply to
Adrian

I don't doubt you. However my budget at the moment wouldn't run to more than a couople of K.

It looks very much as though the SM evolved into the XM or am I just guess ing from the shape?

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

That would depend a lot from which state it was imported from, in many states the cars can rust as well (if not worse) than they do in northern Europe and in those states were rust is less common there are other things that can cause considerable damage - in short one can import a load of trouble, just as one of my (then) customers found out the hard way...

Reply to
:Jerry:

Malc (Malc ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Ah. Don't even _contemplate_ an SM, then. That's about right for the bill for an annual service on an SM.

The XM certainly carried styling echoes of the SM - same as the C6 does for the CX. But that's about it.

The SM was basically a Maserati-powered DS coupe. The XM was basically a bigger BX.

Reply to
Adrian

Here is a video of a SM aficionado:

Gene Park

The message from Gene Park contains these words:

Bah! No leather or whips.

Reply to
Guy King

LOL, wrong group Guy!

No, but they do get chopped up by JCB's...

Reply to
:Jerry: