Citroen GS/Ami Clutch question

Can anyone tell me where I can find the correct diameter of the clutch plate and cover for a Citroen GS? Haynes doesn't help. Just finished building a 2CV with a GS 1299 cc engine and a 4-speed box out of an Ami super. The clutch cover now catches on the bellhousing. It's a new GS clutch - the old one was previously used by the same box but a

1228cc engine but was worn so we replaced it. Spigot bearing was shafted, so it made sense to renew the lot. The new clutch looks the same as the old one. Is it a possibility the flywheel is thicker on the 1299 engine, thus pushing the cover back enough to catch on the bellhousing? It makes a lovely sparking display at the moment!!

Thanks for any help, Mike

Reply to
Mike

Mike ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It wouldn't...

The Ami Super bellhousing and input shaft is shorter, to enable the box to fit in the more limited engine bay. The engine mounts are different on a Super to a G, too.

As far as the clutch goes, I didn't *think* they were any different. I may be wrong, it's a long while since I did the clutch in my Ami Super, and I haven't started to do anything much on the 4-pot Mehari yet. It's quite possible the flywheel's shallower. Do you still have the Ami's 1015 engine about? If so, check the flywheel off that.

You might find Jeroen Cats' website useful -

Adrian