Con Rod Sought.

I=92m looking for a con rod with a split bearing as per dimensions on picture for an engine of 3=94 bore , 3.5=94 stroke and 2hp. Anything of a slightly wider lateral bearing width considered. Stationary engine, car, tractor, whatever=85=85..

Is there such a publication as a con rod cross reference catalogue? Possibly from British Motor Manufacturers' Association? Thanks in advance. Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
Dave Carter.

What's it from, as a matter of interest?

Ian

Reply to
Ian

If you've got exact dimensions I can probably get you one made next time I'm in Czech.

Reply to
Pete M

That's interesting - whats wrong with using that one :)

I've never seen one that small in the journal and certainly not in motorcycle stuff which usually have a solid and not a split bigend.

Must be very early type rod.

Reply to
Rob

Its from a Boulton & Paul 2hp two stroke inboard marine engine. Photos of it here :-

Seems to have come to a sudden stop early in its life due to water ingress to cylinder probably via water cooled exhaust. Somebody has tried to extend a Ford con rod to suit. I repatriated the engine from Canada, so the con rod markings will probably be for a north American model. As for age, this engine first appeared at the Royal Show at Norwich in

1911 and was produced up to the early months of WW1.

Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

Hello Pete, Thanks for the suggestion, I'll certainly bear that in mind.

Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

If you can get the original, there are still Forge's in this country who could knock you one up and then you could take it to an engine reconditioners to get it machined for bearings.

Reply to
Conor