Wheelarch paint

Dear All,

I'm on the point of taking my Herald for her first MOT in ten years. At the moment the front wheelarches are in body colour paint and the rear ones are in primer. I'll like to put on something more robust. I'm not bothered about colour - black will be fine.

What would the panel recommend? Aerosol stonechip? I have some POR chassis black in stock

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Owt really. Depends on whether it's a summer special or an all year rounder.

Reply to
Conor

Summer only - this is the second and a halfth time I have rebuilt this car and I am NOT doing it again. However, it's a rural area with a lot of loose chippings on less-used roads.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

I would suggest rust resistant primer (e.g. Rustoleum 769) followed by black enamal then spray with black Waxoyl (could use clear, it will go black quite quickly) and redo the last coat every two or three years. My Humber was done like this thirty years ago and has no rust. Barry

Reply to
Barry