Handbrake cable ends you can fit yourself ?

Hi,

On the saga of shortening the handbrake cable I've seen new threaded ends than can be held to the cable with grub screws but have no idea where to get them from ? I-m sure they must be easy to get. AA man fitted one to my car once to replace the clutch cable in a breakdown.

thanks in advance.

Lee

ps, I'll try SpeedyCables tomorrow.

Reply to
samba-lee

A 'solderless' nipple would not, IMHO, be anywhere near strong enough for a handbrake cable and again IMHO would fail an MOT. Ok for things like throttle cables which aren't heavily loaded. Nipples on handbrake cables are crimped in place with a special tool. A few phone calls should find a local engineering firm who can make a cable to your spec for not much money.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

In message , on Sun, 4 Apr 2004, Dave Plowman writes

Philip Stokes