how do you clean this?

I've just bought a 1986 BMW convertible which has been left sitting outside in all weathers and subsequently the soft top is covered in green mouldy/mossy stuff.The leather seats are also covered in dusty mould.I have two questions :- how do I clean this off and how do I prevent it happening again?

Thanks in advance, George

Reply to
George duff

Don't leave it outside in all weathers ;- )

No seriously, I suggest that you try with one of those steam cleaners. Chemicals should be the plan B.

Reply to
HAL 9000

The best stuff I've ever come across for cleaning soft tops is called Renovo

Very fast mail order service and thestuff did a fantastic job on a very tired and weatherbeaten mohair top. No idea about your leather, but have you tried phoning someone like Aldridge Trimming
for some advice?

Reply to
The Blue Max