mytyres.co.uk: beware

They're required to deliver to the address on the package, not just arbitrarily redirect to another address because the name may not be right.

David Hearn

I ordered broadband a little while ago, and got a phone call from the installer saying he couldn't find me and could I give directions (He was 3 streets away). It seems that my road isn't on his satnav. Satnavs rule these days, even though they are not guaranteed to be right.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

True, but he could have taken it away with him again, or checked with his office via the company-provided cellphone glued in his ear, after I had insisted that it was not for anyone in my house. And they could have come back after I informed them, on their 0870 number, that I had been delivered a parcel that wasn't mine ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

It's a German company, your tyres came all the way from Germany quickly enough? (supposedly!)

Personally, I've never had a problem with them and saved £100s on my Goodyear GSD3s. Just got my local ATS to fit them at £10 a wheel.

A affidavit doesn't seem unreasonable given the costs involved and that, unlike you, some unscrupulous characters may falsly deny receiving them.

Zimmy

What utter rubbish. Nobody can do a credit check without explicit permission of the person concerned.

If he ordered online where will the signature be on the "form sent" then?

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

Says who ?

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Elizabeth R. It's the law.

Reply to
Tony Brett

Same here. They've been spot on both times and very professional.

Reply to
BigToe

Are you sure they didn't delvier them to your nominated garage?

As for asking for a copy of the signature, you need to ask mrtyres as they're the ones who have the contract with the courier. Sounds like an unfortunate situation.

Reply to
adder1969

I can't believe you really said that. Which part of the Planet Zog do you live on? Just go into - say - a reasonably high value retailer, maybe a new kitchen, a home cinema, perhaps a car, and try to take advantage of their "0%" finance deal. You offer a credit or debit card. The salesman will take your card, make a phone call and then tell you if you have been or accepted or not. Who was he phoning? Elizabeth R?

Good retailers are honest about this. Example - a couple of years ago I bought a new camera from Jessops. As it happens, I had enough cash on me to pay for it outright, but I thought I might as well take advantage of their

0% over three years finance offer. The salesman told me he would have to check my credit record. At that time I was in dispute with an outfit called Citi Financial Direct (resolved in my favour when I brought in the FSA) but it meant that I had, if not a black mark on my record, a grubby grey one. The query was resolved when the salesman called my bank; they confirmed that "I was good for the amount concerned".

Post codes are routinely used for credit checks. Some areas have a higher rate of fraudsters than others. Not prejudice - just a simple matter of statistics.

I am absolutely not a www expert, but I reckon someone who knows what he's doing could access your personal records in seconds, without gaining your "explicit permission".

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

The message from Tony Brett contains these words:

Really? You like to provide something to back that up, 'cos as far as I'm concerned they're open to anyone who cares to pay and can provide your name and address.

Reply to
Guy King

I can think of at least 8 without trying. There were more but DHL bought out Securicor and CityLink have just bought out Target.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

However you can't blame a courier for putting the wrong address on a parcel - that's down to the sender.

You could have refused to sign for it and insist it was returned to the depot - after three weeks they would have to return it to the sender.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

I've used mytyres 6 or 7 times now and never had any problems. Sound like they are being pretty helpful to me.

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

You strongly recommend against ordering from them, because they are readily prepared to accept that you are telling the truth?

How odd.

Would you advise that I order from them if they had called you a liar, swore at you, then hung up?

Reply to
David Taylor

No - he's phoning the credit reference agency. You will have given permission for him to do that when applying for the credit deal.

Elizabeth R says he has to have your permission before doing the credit check and it will have been in the small print when you applied for the credit.

I would rather hope not. Not even on planet zog.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

No. Because they use a crap courier.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Credit reference agencies will only send results of that sort of search to the address of the subject. And they won't allow results to be forwarded by Royal Mail either.

Reply to
Tony Brett

The situation was that I was actually in the camera shop about to buy for cash - when I saw a poster offering three years interest free credit. So I asked. That's when the salesman said he would make a call to check my credit rating, which seemed perfectly fair to me. At that stage I had not seen any written agreement, let alone small print. So I guess I "gave him permission" - but why not?

Oh, please....

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

Sorry, just not so. The going rate (following a whiz through Yellow Pages - I admitted I was not a www expert) is £50 for a full credit report. All they need is the name and address of the subject. For roughly double that they will provide your last six months bank statements, all credit/debit card statements, even details of your utility bills. And the Royal Mail really doesn't come into the picture at all.

I wish I shared your confidence. I'm of an age where the local plod was Doxon of Dick Green, and London was a place where Beefeaters played bowls on top of thatched double-decker buses. But I'm afraid it just ain't like that any more.

GeoffMacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie