Vredestein vs Hankook Tyres

Folks,

I need to put new tyres on the DS. I've taken the opportunity of the winter layup to have the wheels blasted and painted, and threw away the horribly old south african tyres and rather worn Kumhos which were on them. So what I have now is ...

Five nice shiny wheels One almost new Hankook Two brand new Vredesteins

and I therefore need to buy two more. I bought the Vredesteins from mytyres for about =A360 each - they have since gone up to =A373. The Hankooks are =A357 each from Beaulieu Tyres. In each case +=A310 for fitting locally.

So, getting to the point ... are Vredesteins worth spending an extra =A316 each on?

These are 185/80R15's, by the way, so there isn't a huge choice of makers.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Ian realised it was Tue, 11 Dec 2007

04:59:31 -0800 (PST) and decided it was time to write:

You know how the old saying goes:

'if your tyres aren't Dutch, they can't be much'

Or something to that effect...

Reply to
Yippee