Proposed fitting of 'black boxes'

If you feel strongly about the proposed fitting of 'black boxes' in cars so we can be charged 5p a mile to drive on roads we have already bought then please follow the link and add your name to the petition.

Vister.co.uk - Reality TV Video

Why?

Reply to
Silk

I understand this has already been linked to more than 5,000 web sites, and around 615,000 people have signed it so far.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

What colour do you think they should be?

Reply to
LSR

Joking aside though, I for one do not like the idea of being so closely monitored or being charged for something we already pay tax via fuel etc.

Gio

Reply to
Gio

I think they should be a deep purple :@)

Reply to
Nursing Mother

Doesn't our car tax pay for this ? ... kind og like paying for something twice ?

Reply to
Nursing Mother

nah, Pink (Floyd)! ;-)

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

No, Black (Sabbath). Oops!!

Reply to
Mark W

We already pay for the roads about 5 times over, plus all the subsidy to rail.

Reply to
Huge

What's wrong with pink?

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Crimson is king...

Reply to
Halmyre

Nor do I. The overall cost of driving is likely to increase very substantially for many people, and I do not believe the stories about it being offset by reductions in other charges associated with driving - such as road tax and fuel tax/duties.

In any case, if that were not enough, the amount of surveillance involved would be quite unacceptable. Going on from that, I presume you have by now heard about the plans to put cameras on lamp posts - X-ray cameras moreover - just to keep an even closer eye on us!

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

The only thing wrong with it is its not purple. My new favourite colour for everything :-)

Reply to
Nursing Mother

Oh dear, sorry if I've offended you, so what is wrong with purple?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

So do you really think that theVED, fuel tax and small amounts of VAT on motoring items that you pay as an individual really does all you say it does?

Reply to
Brimstone

(laugh) the only thing wrong with purple it's not orange my new favourite colour for today :-P

Reply to
Nursing Mother

X-Ray cameras? How does that work, then?

Reply to
Abo

I've no idea, but from what I heard it was so that they could make sure we're not all wandering about with little bombs in our pockets.

No doubt the guys in the monitoring stations will have a bit of fun checking out the curvy cuties walking past!

Now where do I apply for such a job?

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS

You should be more worried about the Government's imaginary proposal to fit all citizens with CO2 meters so we can be taxed on how much greenhouse gases we exhale.

If you feel strongly about this please go down the pub and explain it to all your friends.

Reply to
Mark W