Story of Rose the Daytona

I first bought a 60,000 mile, 64 Rose Mist 64 Daytona (aka Rose) in the fall of 2002 at Reedsville. I bought her Thursday afternoon for $2300 and resold it Friday morning for a small profit. The new owner wanted to swap in a R2 and as he drove off I thought that would be the last I saw of the car.

Fast forward to last year when I saw it listed on ebay. The new owner had tuned it up, did the front brakes, power steering hoses and decided against trying to find a R2 for the car. I won the bidding for $3050 and had it delivered to York. The starter motor took a dump on the way and N8 installed a new one at York, but we decided it was not ready for the drive home and left it with a friend to deliver later. Turned out it took him six months to haul the car down to me a few weeks back. Rose must have been happy to be in my garage because she has been a dream to work on, no rusty bolts, lost parts or other grief. I buffed out the paint, installed rear brakes, gas shocks, a battery and odds and ends. The car had been driven less then a 1000 miles in the last 10 years and seemed happy to be on the road again. I took it for a 50 mile test run and the car just seemed to repair itself as I went. The square tires smoothed out, as did the grabby brakes, even the accelerator pump started pumping. Some cars just talk to me, and Rose is one that did, Since she's been so good to me, I'm spending money I normally would not. I treated Rose to a new pair of roof flags, bought some touch up paint, and might even detail under the hood.

Here's Rose so far:

JP/Maryland Studebaker On the Net

My Ebay items:
Daytona HT

63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) 63 Avanti R1 63 Daytona convert 63 Lark 2 door 62 Lark 2 door 60 Hawk 59 3E truck 56 Truck 55 Starlight 53 Starlight 52 Starliner 51 Commander
Reply to
John Poulos

John,

Very nice. Have you any specific plans for the ole girl?

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

Bo,

This is JP.... it'll be for sale soon enough

Hope all is well in your area...

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Have you checked to see if it's on E-Bay yet?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Likely ebay unless I really fall in love with it and drop the R2 in.

64dayt> John,
Reply to
John Poulos

Not yet, it needs a new rear bumper, a Avanti hairpin mirror to match he one on the car and some other parts on the way.

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos
64s are sure fun to drive, they handle better than any other Stude i have ever drivin. The looks of them grow on you. Before i ever came to this NG i would have never even looked at a Lark. I'm sure my next Stude will be an Avanti, I have said on this NG i wouldn't own an avanti, they looked like Gremlins

eatin Crow again.

Bob Whiten Wagonmaster

Wagonmaster

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Are those seat inserts aftermarket of some sort?

The pics of the car look really nice and I like the color a lot...not the usual white (like my '63!). I really wanted a '64 Daytona but settled on a '63 when mine with R1 and Skytop came up only a couple hours from home. Sheesh, did it need work though. I love the car but boy have I learned a lot of lessons about buying a Stude from that car!

Bill Pressler

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
billslark