Re: How do I convince the missus?

Here is my working strategy :

First bought myself a Peugeot 404 67 convertible (second family car) and drove my better half on lots of lovely picnics. Then bought father-in-laws Alfa Guilietta for dirt cheap (didn't tell her about all the shop costs later...) I let her drive both, loved them. The alfa is normally my daily driver (home to the train station and back). Take the lovely lady to car events (rallies, meets and races) with my 3 girls - they all love it (now). My gal now wants either a sprite or a big healey for .... her own rallying... (her daily is a Ford wagon and a R21 Renault) Of course the bad news ... my alfa is in the garage for the last 3 months waiting for a master cylinder and I'm taking the pug convertibel apart bolt by bolt....

We have three house rules :

The girls clean their rooms, My wife tells me about expensive purchases before they occur (no veto power though) I take everyone to a car event only once every 6 months (I veto vote here)

Share the passion!!

Eugenio

Elizabeth Hall wrote: > > Well my husband didn't tell me he just went out and bought it. I must say > > it is a nice car in lovely condition. Took first at Chatsworth in class last > > year, but I cannot see how anyone would use this as an everyday car being > > honest. Good fun car, tows our caravan lovely and spares no problem, > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ > > Aha, now there's an excellent strategy. Buy your missus a caravan and > then opt for a big V8 powered classic in order to tow it. > Then all you need to do is find a way of getting shot of the caravan (a > weeekend in a posh hotel should do) and life's perfect. >
Reply to
Eugenio Grapa