Seat Diaphragm

I urgentky need a new seat diaphragm for my DS. Only problem: DS's don't have seat diaphragms. Oh, the joys of an end-of-the-line South African car.

It's the same sort of thing as a TR6 one - two hooks on the short sides and three on the long - but about 2" bigger in the small dimension and 3" bigger in the larger.

Anyone know a supplier who keeps or makes these for lots of different cars and might have a list of dimensions?

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Could it be replaced by ordinary upholstery webbing? At least when that goes you can get it easily. The main reason they used a diaphragm was quicker assembly, IMHO.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I could and I will if necessary, but the design of the seat will make that wee bit awkward.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Considering that these seat diaphragms are not much more than moulded bits of rubber why not investigate sheet rubber suppliers and then make/reinforce the required holes yourself, I also assume that you have tried contacting the relevant owners clubs?

Reply to
Jerry

Hmm. Yes, making one might be an option - thanks.

The trouble I have is that the car is non-standard in all sorts of ways, having been, as far as I know, made after production officially ended and imaginatively maintained through the apartheid era sanctions. It should, in theory, have metal springs across the base, but if it ever had them they, and the fittings for them, are long gone.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Ian saying something like:

Can't you extend the hooks on the TR6 one, with steel wire? Then, if necessary, put a layer of dense foam above that to alleviate the wires.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon