Speeding.

Got 'flashed' the other day. Not seeking sympathy - I knew the camera was there.

Got the summons, and seems they want to send me on a speed awareness course.

Speed on the summons? 26 mph. I expect the course tells you how to follow the man with the red flag.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

A friend of mine suffered a similar fate. The speed awareness course is an optional alternative to a fine and points on your licence. He opted for the course as the better alternative, though he had to pay to attend it.

His comment to me afterwards was that if I get caught, attend the course, sit and look vaguely interested, and don't speak unless you are invited to. Someone on his course tried to argue with the instructor and got thrown off the course and was told to expect to be summonsed back to court for his speeding penalty, and his fee for attending the awareness course would not be refunded.

Don't get caught again within 3 years, because if you do the course won't be offered to you - that is a condition of accepting the first speed awareness course.

Jim

Reply to
Indy Jess John

Just booked mine - cost £92. Online, via Zoom. And I've got to be visible on camera for the entire 3 hours. Wondering if I could record myself for three hours watching TV and insert that?

Thanks for the tip about arguing. I was wanting to ask how it could be safe to travel at 30 mph on a road one day, but not the next. When nothing else had changed - apart from reduced traffic due to Covid.

There's an even better one fairly close. A purpose built dual carriageway

- no housing etc - went from 40 to 20 overnight. Bet that brings in plenty via fines.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

According to news reports on TV some time ago, the M32 has a section permanently set to 40mph (no road works or other sensible reason, it was just to slow the traffic). Its speed camera makes a small fortune for the operators.

Jim

Reply to
Indy Jess John