steering ujs

any sites or info on refurbing these units? I know theres a few companies that do it but i'd rather like to try it myself

as the column has 2 of these small ujs, do they need to have the yokes in line or are they phased differently?

Reply to
Stephen White

Yokes in line are only really effective, if the input and output shaft are parallel to each other. I would suggest that if they are not in line, and the u/j's can be rotated on splined shafts, that you need to fit them so the angular rotation is the same in both directions, when the steering column is rotated from the straight ahead position. Basically each yoke should be fitted according to the angle between the two shafts. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Having these types in a Triumph I was unable to have them refurbished - bought new units.

The Triumph Dogamite had the joint under the brake master cylinder this in turn leaked onto the Uni in the steering - not a good scenario.

rm

Reply to
Rob