Top Gear on E and DB

In news:Xns9684E58B02210adrianachapmanfreeis@204.153.244.170, Adrian decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

The thing about it is the same thing that I suspect keeps a lot of people interested in classic cars;

When it's running like it should it's a brilliant old thing, comfy, torquey as anything, totally fabulous soundtrack, reasonably quick, easy to drive, and laid back as hell. Makes you grin when you see / hear it rumbling down the street, and makes other people smile when they see it in traffic, burbling away, roof down, driver looking in a slightly paranoid manner at the oil pressure / voltmeter / temp gauge...

It's just a shame that it happens to be an utter pain in the arse to work on, and unreliable enough to mean it's a pain on a regular basis, especially for something that has been mollycuddled all its life and only done 16,900 miles...

Reply to
Pete M

but that is half the problem! my vw had to have an engine rebuild at

40,000 miles - for over 20 years the PO averaged 200 miles a year and never got the thing warm enough. the bearings where all worn and the thermostat had seized.
Reply to
Howard Rose

Accord I think.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Howard Rose decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

We've been through the engine checking for signs of wear, there appear to be none. The oil was clean in it, and there are signs of regular servicing, and the history shows it's been serviced every 3/6 months even if the last time it was out was to the garage for a service.

Just a shame we grenaded the 'box really, looking forwards to messing about in it if there's any more summer left.

Reply to
Pete M

Reply to
S1500