Traffic Lamp Reflector ??

I recently found in my old man's garage a black and yellow cardboard box from Ford containing a "traffic lamp reflector". It's a kind of glass lens in a metal frame, about 5 by 8 centimeters, somewhat similar to a magnifying glass, but it actually downsizes what you see.

Any idea what it is?

Thanks

Yves

Reply to
Yves

Most likely a US relic of the 50s, it gets mounted on the dash and reflects the colour of the traffic lights that were being strung on wires across intersections instead of on poles at the side of the road. The idea is that if you're at the head of the line, you don't have to lean forward and peer up at the light to see what it's doing.

If it's new and still in a good box, it might be worth $50 or so in the US. No idea what it might fetch in the YooKay, out of touch with things there, I'm afraid.

Reply to
Dean Dark