Want an 87 Tacoma 2WD parts truck or to sell mine.........

I had a nice 87 Tacoma 2WD that I slid into a ditch, hit a concrete driveway and flipped it onto the driver's side. (sorry to all you taco lovers) I am either looking to buy one for parts that I can rebuild mine from or sell mine for parts if I cannot. The frame is bent on the driver's side as well as much of the suspension on that side as I hit the driveway directly on the wheel. (wrecked one of the sweet American Racing rims I got for free too) Front fender, inner sheet metal and radiator support are all smashed. Headlight assy is gone. Corner of the hood is slightly bent but I more or less fixed that. Bumper and valance panel under it got bent but pulled back fairly straight. Driver's door is damaged but more on the inside from me hitting it when the truck hit the ground. Cab is damaged behind the door, and box has slight damage on that side also. The floor is buckled on the driver's side from what I imagine is the torsion rod/bar?? Plastic fender liner is shot. That's the major stuff I can think of.

Amazing thing - no glass broke, not even the side mirror! (and that was the side that hit the ground when it flipped) Other than the front corner and the cab behind the door, the sheet metal is not all that bad.

The truck recently had the body fixed, new bed & liner and a new paint job which makes it even that much more painful but also makes it worth fixing if I can find another truck. I am mostly looking for a frame that's not too rusty because I used to work in a body shop and can fix everything at home other than the frame.

Now - if I can't find a parts truck, I will sell this one so here are the other specifics.

140K on it with a very strong running engine. Starts and runs great. Does not burn oil. 4 spd manual trans. New battery and starter, rebuilt carb. Some new exhaust parts. Newer brakes. All new brake lines. (someone installed them right next to the factory ones without taking the factory ones out) I have a new in the box timing chain kit that I had planned on installing this winter. With some light damage it's got a good box and tailgate with liner. Absolutely no rust on the box! It's a stripper so there's not much to say about the interior. The bench seat was pretty flat so I installed some padding and an aftermarket seat cover. It has a heavy homemade double tube rear bumper that saved the side somewhat when the truck flipped. It's still straight and in good shape. It most likely will need a new driver's door but even with the damage the door still shuts, latches and locks. Not sure if the window will work though because the door is heavily caved in from the inside.

That's about all I can think of right now. One thing I noticed is the truck is straight down both sides and there is no noticeable curve in it from the impact. You wouldn't even know it was wrecked from the passenger side.

So - I am located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and would like to find something within 100 or so miles that could be towed or if need be trailered. I'm not concerned about the body as far as rust goes or if it has an engine or trans. I do need a lot of the suspension on that side though. Also, I have another set of wheels so I don't even need it to have those on it.

If I end up selling mine, I will post an ad and have pics and more detailed info on it.

Any information on a parts truck would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I miss my truck!!!

Reply to
Johnnyboi

I feel your pain on loss of your truck, but am glad to hear you came through ok. davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Toyota didn't make 'em in '87.

Reply to
Radrunner

Yup Its NOT a TACOMA --- just a pickup. TACOMAs started in '95!

Reply to
Wolfgang