'72 Super for sale (long long)

Oh boy. where do I begin? My '72 Super has the following: lowered front springs from Topline, new stock shocks on back,

4 Empi style rims painted graphite w/195's on back and 185's on front- tires are used but okay... 2 spare tires; 165,185, and 1 spare rim (stock) front end entirely redone with new bushings, struts, etc. NO shimmy stock metal hood new spare fender for right front all other fenders okay, as are doors, glass, etc. body was originally blue, painted by previous owner a metallic maroon, covered by me in many spots with spray can In't Harvester red - this worked well, as there is VERY little rust... 1600 d.p. with new generator, new fuel pump, new 34pict-3, engine is black admittedly needs cleaning, but runs very strong... new coil, distributor, new Bosch plugs and wires, timed 009, magnetic drain plug...single 1 5/8 extractor exhaust that exits behind right rear wheel... new-ish clutch, "slick shifter kit" installed, wood shift knob... new black German cv boots the entire car needs sanding and paint... it needs new rubber on the glass after paint... no headliner or bows... full dash from SoCal Imports (easily removable prior to paint) stock seats covered in factory-look black vinyl...back seat is black and also okay... no radio or cd player, etc. four seatbelts... 4 chrome t-bars (bumpers) CIP plastic license plate frame

parts that go w/car: full set of black interior carpet... pair of H-4 headlights in box... wood-style window winders in box... new metal (no vents) front apron (painted light blue-Krylon) new metal right front fender (painted light blue-Krylon)

5 plastic fuel filters... 3 oil change gaskets/copper washers kits 1 new chrome air cleaner

My intent was to daily drive a fairly nice beetle. This is a '72 flat-windshield Super, and most people don't even remember pre-'67 beetles... I've always used Castrol 20/50 and changed oil at 1200 miles :+) The car has put me through HELL. I had to learn here @ the wonderful Ramva about everything that can go wrong with a 30-yr-old car, and there has been a LOT! My wife drives a Focus (ohmy GAWD whatapieceasheeit), and I need a reliable car, so I went out and bought a truck (!) Now my '82 somewhat rusty Ford F-100 starts if you leave the pedal alone, has awesome torque (300 c.i. straight 6, 4 speed)... no fuel delivery problems, as I have 2 gas tanks to fill up... it feels as safe as a tank... no generator alignment problems... no sheeeiteey parts from Mexico... and it goes and goes...

Last week my VW starter made an awful shreek. I tapped on it, rolled it back in 3rd, etc. I called the tow truck... At the mechanic's the VW's back wheels REFUSED TO MOVE... some here @Ramva suggested check rusted back brakes... it might be the flywheel, it might be a starter bushing, it might be the whole F*****G rear end....I dunno.. I told the mechanic to let it wait, as I'm out of $ these days... so it sits, with GAWDKNOWS how many hours I've spent, and how much $ (see above).... I can't have 3 cars where I live, and not allowed to sand, etc. guess which one has to go? I'm too tired to find an online place to post pictures right now, and too lazy to haggle over $... I know to youguys this is worthless, but maybe someone wants a haunted VW... The car is in Newnan, about 1/2 hr south of Atlanta airport... I need $1500.00 as is... when I manage to get it painted, it's going to be $2500.00 I know people who think these VW's go for $5G to start... this is Georgia, and things rarely rust, but VW's weren't common here (too hot)... My phone is 770-2528177 (answering machine) Before I get nasty responses, etc. I'm wondering who would read all this stuff... I know-go somewhere else to rant/peddle.....thanks - Paul :+) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
pmbedard

Bill, of the perhaps six ACVWs in town, three are mine and the other three are "pretty boys": chrome-over-rust, utter death traps or junk - something that reflects the new buyer market and a lack of concern for longevity. My problem is that I always have to work on vehicles alone. That's another thing that's happened over the years - if it ain't bolt-on, people don't do 'mechanics'.

If you lived here, I'd see that your project had help. That's what we need to keep going. We aren't all Bob Hoovers.

Reply to
jjs

On 10 Apr 2004 18:54:08 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAMOUT (Bill Berckman) ran around screaming and yelling:

Bill....this is normal...most "enthusiasts" take it in spells...gung-ho for awhile then boredom sets in...sometimes completing a project sets the wheels in motion for boredom, sometimes setbacks/change of directions, or lack of progress put a bitter taste in your mouth towards your project...it will fade...take a break, don't worry about it, and don't let it bother you that others have the fat checkbook....your enthusiasm *will* come back...trust me on this one...i have also told several here on ramva the same thing...i was "crazy" at the time, but they are here, and i'm willing to bet they are calling me the same names right now that they called me when they realized i was correct... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

...............Hey Chris. It's a damn shame that we're as busy as we are and so far away from Cincinnati. I bet you and I could fix Bill's '67 in a day or so without even working up a good sweat. We'd probably be a couple of obnoxious a-holes while farting around in Bill's driveway but it would all be a lot of fun. We could even swing through Cleveland on the way out there and pick-up Speedy Jim!

Reply to
Tim Rogers

You Two guys would both be arguing duing the trip about the best place to stop for lunch, so only one of you would probably make it here alive. :o) We have a local club here, but nobody really gets together to work on cars. If I could see somebody fix something once or twice, I could probably learn how to do it. Heck I used to sell and service copiers, and learned pretty quickly how to take one of the coin operated copiers apart down to the frame and put it back together and have it work again.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

............You're probably right. I'd have to leave him at a rest stop in Pennsylvania without his wallet.

Tim Rogers

..............Volume nine covers the electrical system.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

If you can do that operation, then the bug should be a yawner for ya............A lot less moving parts I'd bet.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 15:59:39 -0400, "Tim Rogers" ran around screaming and yelling:

"probably"...are you on drugs?...definitely....LOL

wouldn't have it any other way....no way i would be close by and not stop to shake speedy Jim's hand... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 16:37:16 -0400, "Tim Rogers" ran around screaming and yelling:

how you gonna do that with my hands clasped firmly around your neck?

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

LOL...............I guess this means that I'm driving?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 18:41:58 -0400, "Tim Rogers" ran around screaming and yelling:

if not we are both screwed...LOL JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

It's a tribute to RAMVA that I've kept my patience this long...lots of fascinating posters, from Bill B. to Hoover (very knowledgable) to Speedy Jim, who can diagnose quickly and accurately, etc. What happened to the MILLIONS of VW's that were on the road in the sixties? Were they crushed, like so many cars?

Reply to
pmbedard

The one I'm gettin ready has no interior, primer and not much else. The metal is done and solid, the engine is new rebuilt and at this point; To me "Its done!" I'm drivin it!...Screw gettin' it done!.....Never happens to me anyway.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik