Wanted - Midget oil/water guage

Does anyone have one of the combined oil pressure / water temperature guages as seen in midgets and, I believe, MGBs. Strictly no electricity involved in this one. (If you've seen it, you'll know what I mean).

Anyway, if anyone has one for sale, please let me know - I'm searching for an old friend who has just discovered electricity and t'internet is a strange place to him.

Cheers

John F

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Hi

Give this company a ring, or drop them an email, they should be able to help.

Regards

Nigel

Reply to
Bear

I have to say, that when I was sprinting my midget, I got fed up with trying to source such things. I instead went to an electric oil pressure gauge and a separate electric water temp gauge - so much easier to a) actually BUY (you can get them from most motor factors) and b) when one goes you just replace that one rather than try looking for rocking-horse droppings........

Reply to
Gordon

Wot, like this one?

Willy Eckerslyke

Ahh right - forgot to say.

I've seen all of the ones on ebay, and to me the prices are fine. However, our MG restoring friend is 73 and therefore refuses to accept that price have suffered any inflation whatsoever since around 1948.

It seems that since I posted this message he has harangued the local classic car restorer dude into selling him one for seven shillings and sixpence or thereabouts.

Thanks for all suggestions from those that contributed though :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

: Does anyone have one of the combined oil pressure / water temperature guages : as seen in midgets and, I believe, MGBs. Strictly no electricity involved in : this one. (If you've seen it, you'll know what I mean).

Available new from

at a cool almost-ninety-quid. I bought a mechanical water-temperature guage for my DS from them a couple of years ago, and found them extremely nice and helpful to deal with.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

They're also not the most reliable of beasts - the temperature capillary often breaks - so aren't that common secondhand.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Are they really any worse than a normal capillary operated temperature gauge or is it that the same parsimonious mentality that thought it would be a good idea to substitute one expensive gauge for two cheap ones wouldn't pay for sufficient length of capillary to absorb vibrations?

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

"R.N. Robinson" wrote in message news:e9otu9$v6u$ snipped-for-privacy@nntp.aioe.org...

I wonder how many cases of "it just broke" are actually "I tried to remove the gauge, couldn't work out how to undo that stiff wire thing, so I snipped it with side cutters and now don't like to admit it"? Judging by the number at autojumbles in the "neatly snipped" condition, I suspect quite a few.

Reply to
Autolycus