windscreen scratch

Found today that my blade had slipped and allowed the chrome arm to sweep across the screen during yesterdays downpour - got an arc-shaped scratch on passenger side now I've cleaned all the bugs off :( What's the current thinking about what's best to use to try and polish this out? Cheers!

Reply to
saturday

How does tooth paste go now?

Rob

A friend of mine dealt with quite a bad scratch using the polishing kit from Frost. Not very cheap and takes ages, but did the trick nicely.

Ian

Reply to
The Real Doctor

Brasso followed by toothpaste.

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

Just spoken with someone today who polishes geology samples.

he uses 15 micron Silicon Carbide 1.5 Micron Chrome Oxide and 0.5 - 30 micron Aluminum Oxide.

the pads on flat wheels made from velor

he tells me the bigest problem is the edges of the scratch - in that the polish does not penetrate but rather wipes off the paste like a scraper.

Reply to
Rob

I'll make sure to ask for those items next time I'm in Halfrauds!

Reply to
saturday

You should be able to pick them up no trouble at all. !

Reply to
Rob