windscreen scratch

Found today that my blade had slipped and allowed the chrome arm to sweep across the screen during yesterdays downpour - got an arc-shaped
scratch on passenger side now I've cleaned all the bugs off :( What's the current thinking about what's best to use to try and polish this out? Cheers!
snipped-for-privacy@no.thanks wrote:

How does tooth paste go now?
On 8 June, 22:03, snipped-for-privacy@no.thanks wrote:

A friend of mine dealt with quite a bad scratch using the polishing kit from Frost. Not very cheap and takes ages, but did the trick nicely.
Ian

Brasso followed by toothpaste.
Geoff MacK
snipped-for-privacy@no.thanks wrote:

Just spoken with someone today who polishes geology samples.
he uses 15 micron Silicon Carbide 1.5 Micron Chrome Oxide and 0.5 - 30 micron Aluminum Oxide.
the pads on flat wheels made from velor
he tells me the bigest problem is the edges of the scratch - in that the polish does not penetrate but rather wipes off the paste like a scraper.

I'll make sure to ask for those items next time I'm in Halfrauds!
snipped-for-privacy@no.thanks wrote:

You should be able to pick them up no trouble at all. !

Site Timeline