1979 pictures

Hey guys, Just wanted to share with all that have been helpful in the past, and just to share in general....Found a nice little spot today and the weather wasgreat for a photo shoot...take a look. Nothing special, just my baby..lol They are at photobucket.com. Look under Larry79. photos may be a bit big, but if i can upload on a dial up..you can view with yer dsl an cable..nobitching..lol Later Ya'll Larry in Va

Reply to
Larry O

Larry O

here, posted the url for ya...

'Key

wish I had seen this first :-)

g'day

Reply to
'Key

Hey, they are all special. If they weren't, then none of us would be driving them. People buy Corollas, Civics, Cobalts, etc. because they need transportation, and well, it was there , new, priced right, an ok color, whatever, but people don't buy Corvettes that way. They make a very conscious effort to buy a Corvette. They go looking for a Corvette. They want a Corvette. They don't just stumble across one and buy it.

One of the saddest parts of all these restorations and Barrett-Jackson auctions and such anymore is that unless it is a $100,000 restoration, one of five made, owned by a celebrity or famous racer, or a rare factory option package, Corvettes are made to seem ordinary. They are anything but ordinary.

Bill Mitchell and Harley Earl must be rolling in their graves. I always figured that Zora had to have the patience of a saint, being around the restoration groups. He was a racer, concerned with going fast, and then making it go faster. One of my favorite stories is that about his time building the Corvette SS mule. The pictures you can see his excitement. The Mule was a basket case. Spare parts, not painted, much missing, yet you can see the excitement in his face of making it go fast. He basically modified every car he had to make it go faster. He slapped on whatever experimental Goodyear or Firestone performance or racing tire was available to him on nearly everything. The idea of returning a car to the factory original condition has to be 180 degrees out from what he wanted. Instead of putting race rubber on to go faster, restorers put on outdated 6.70-15 skinny hard rubber to be "original". How alien can that be to him, yet he was constantly gracious to NCRS and Bloomington people.

It is a good looking car, Larry. Thanks for sharing and enjoy it all you can.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Defiantly a family trait, met Elfi Duntov in 1999 at Route 66 in Il. and at a Corvette get together in Ohio and she was just as gracious. That was in 2004 and I had the CE there and they had CE shirts which at 82 years of age she took the time to autograph for me. She was very frail then but kept a witty and spirited dialog going with everyone. It was said that if you told her there was a Corvette function she never refused to go.

Reply to
Dad