1980 Corvette

I recently to my 1980 Corvette to cottman transmission and they replaced the clutch assy throughout bearing and pressure plate. The shaved the Fly wheel said that was normal. When I picked up the car on Friday I had a low end vibration when letting out the clutch. CT says there is something in the rear that's causing the vibration. I didn't have the problem prior to the car going there. Is this another CT ploy to get more money? They had to have removed the drive shaft is it possible they removes something to make the car unbalanced. What are your thoughts

Bart

Reply to
Bart Fitzpatrick

Sounds like maybe some grease on the flywheel surface and so you get clutch chatter as the clutch disc tries to grip the flywheel.

If the vibration was in higher RPMs, then the clutch pressure plate was not balanced to the flywheel, which very few places do. The assume that the pressure plate manufacturer's balance of the pressure plate is sufficient. I have typically found them many grams off.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

I think the driveshafts are indexed on C4's but not on C3's. But with what you described it ain't the driveshaft anyhow...

Like Tom said it's a good bet that there was grease that got >I recently to my 1980 Corvette to cottman transmission and they replaced the

Reply to
RicSeyler

I talked to the cottman manager and they sent out the fly wheel to be shaved but didn't tell them it was for a corvette. He will check with the machine shop tomorrow and then he offered to re-balance or replace the fly wheel. Thank you for your help! I didn't have this problem before they replaced the clutch assy and adjustment arm!

Bart

Reply to
Bart Fitzpatrick

Reply to