63 fuel line suggestions

In lieu of replacing the tank to carb line, I want to flush and pressure test the existing line. The line has been dormant for approx. 22 years. (1)Any suggestions on what I should use as the flushing agent? (2) I intend to use a catch can on the end of the line to capture what exits the line when flushed. Is there any particular residue I want to flush until it clears up? (3) What would be a reasonable p.s.i. amount for a leak test? Thanx- Lib

Reply to
lib

1) denatured alcohol

2) I'd just look for impurities (color) in the exiting alcohol, which means you'll have to start fresh at least once.

3) The pressure from the tank to the pump is just gravity (ie, actually, gravity pressure from the depth of the fuel in your fuel tank, likely less than 2 p.s.i.) so you don't need much. Even after the fuel pump pressurizes the gasoline, the pressure in the line from pump to engine is normally less than 7 p.s.i. at normal engine speeds, never more than about 14 p.s.i. even at max rpm; the feed line from the tank never sees pressures that high.

If I got your email address correct, I've sent you a description of how one guy managed to install a new fuel line in his midyear Corvette by cutting the line and by exercising a lot of patience.

Reply to
WayneC

Nope, my attempts came back as undeliverable; if you want, email me, but change "moc" to "com" in my address.

Reply to
WayneC