Anyone Follow Nascar?

Follow an up and coming driver named Travis Cope, who might become the next Jeff Gordon. Very poised for his age and his Dad is Mike Cope.....he races and also owns Brandon Racetrack in FL. Check him out. LeafRacewear manufactures their racesuits,,,,,,,,also did Paul Dana's. Shame about him.

Reply to
cyndy

cyndy, I'm one of those rare Jeff Gordon fans who isn't afraid to admit it. I hope that Jeff Gordon is the next Jeff Gordon. I'd like to see him regain his winning ways. Mike has run in a lot of different series and is best known for his short track racing. Travis comes from good bloodlines!

Reply to
Cool Jet

Tony Stewart fan here #20

Reply to
ZÿRiX

I'll second that but also back Johnson and Gordon.

Reply to
Dad

I guess the common thread here is they all drive Chevrolets? However, I can't recall seeing either Stewart or Johnson driving Corvettes for anything.

Go 24!

Dave WI

Dad wrote:

Reply to
Dave

Yep and raced online for years in the Pro Leagues, I've run with Dale Jr in the VRW league, Martin Truex, Kyle Bush, Denny Hamlin.... I've run in the ProHCS leagues, VRW Trans Am Circuit, and with my many European buddies in Europe in the ProGrandPrixLegends 1960s Formula One leagues.

That VRW Pro series was the most nerve racking thing you can do behind a computer... LOLOL And would suck ALL your free time working on qual and racing setups all week.

This year in NASCAR I'm pulling for Mikey, but he's got to get it in gear.. And I'm getting fed up with Helton trying to suck all the drama out of the series. If he isn't careful it will turn into a Casper Milqtoast series.... I wanna see some scuffles in the pits and some bumping on the track! LOLOLOL

I think Busch, Stewart, Harvick and those guys are more of an asset to the series than most give them credit for.

I also follow F1. My Mother is a racing nut. I've got pics of her in Monaco in the early

60's sitting on haybales near the Swimming Pool curve right next to the track. Too cool!!!

cyndy wrote:

Reply to
RicSeyler

I about gave up on Stewart until he bought Eldora and got to watch him run there. There have been some great dirt track racers there over the years and he makes it look easy. Sometimes I think he could run the watering truck and whip most drivers. Actually I do like Martin, mostly because he can do the flip better than knucklehead. I doubt that Mark drives a Corvette but then it wouldn't surprise me if he had one. I'm not sure what Harry Gant drove most of his career but he is my all-time favorite driver. But then there was Buddy Baker, Tiny Lund, Fireball Roberts, and .......

Reply to
Dad

While testing out here in Vegas a few years back Stewart bought one of those Series 2 cars that were built by Carrol Shelby. He used to build them right next to the track in his facility. I have a friend who works security at the track and he told me that Stewart put on quite a show with the car on the infield.

Reply to
JG

Stewart has a lamborghini among other cars Jr drove a vette with his dad at 24 hrs of Daytona Brett Bodine now is regular pace car driver and drives a vette (Jay Leno did it at Daytona) Harry Gant drove the Skoal Bandit for much of his career and I believe it was a Buick ps, Stewart bought his crew chief (Zippy) a vette when he won the championship My driver is Jeff Burton who is now in a Chevy

Reply to
RS

Yes, as his carrer wound down he was driving the Skol Bandit Buick and his last year he drove a Chevrolet Lumina but I don't know what he was driving from 1972 until then. Looks like mostly Chevrolets, some Olds, but mostly he talked about his Chevrolets.

Reply to
Dad

I'm a number '8' guy myself.

Reply to
E_Tar

I'd love to see Jr doing better myself... He's a very good steward of NASCAR. Dad would be proud.

I hate that the Jr/Mikey duo broke up. They were a market>I'm a number '8' guy myself.

Reply to
RicSeyler

So much of what dictates to these drivers is sponsorship,,,,it costs millions for these teams to exist. Much of the time it's the sponsers and management calling the shots.

I believe Tony does own a Vette as well as the Ghini and on and on....I like him...he's grown up a lot in the past couple of years.

Let's keep an eye on Travis Cope, who drives a big ol' truck...not sure what kind...view on his MYSPACE site.

Reply to
cyndy

Junior..

But would really like to see Mark Martin kick some kiddie butt.

-GeorgeC Red/Red 92

Reply to
George Csahanin

You just never know who's going to take center stage......soooo many variables,,,,,,,,,,,,gotta keep watching!

Waving at you,

Cyndy

Reply to
cyndy

You just never know who's going to take center stage......soooo many variables,,,,,,,,,,,,gotta keep watching!

Waving at you,

Cyndy

Reply to
cyndy

Your Mom sounds like hot stuff...how awesome to have been in Monaco up so close! Is she still around?

What do you think about the 2 girlfriends getting into a cat fight at the track??? That is soooo tasteless and what gives Nascar a bad rep/on the other hand, maybe some guys just eat that kind of stuff up...dunno.

Reply to
cyndy

Yep! Still here. I love the pics of the Lotus, Ferraris, Brabhams, Eagles screaming by just feet away. Those guys were MEN!!

Did they have shorts and highheels on?? LOLOLOL To me nothing tackier than short shorts or bathing suits with 4" high heels. uuuggghhh

Reply to
RicSeyler

Particularly if worn by men! *LOL*

Reply to
Cool Jet

I agree w/ric on the 4 inch and shorts....3 inch are more comfy and you don't tip over as eay....LOL!! And yes...those HAD to be Real Men! Glad you mom is still here.

And to Cool Jet....can't quite get that image out of my delirious head.....ewwwwwe!!!! Do they make 4inch heels in size 11???

Reply to
cyndy