Anyone with a SuperCharger ?

Do u think a C6 would stand up pretty well with a ProCharger on it if one eases into the throttle ? Have you heard of any drivetrain anomolys with SC ing a C6/5/4 ? Thanks.

Reply to
dave

If one eases into the throttle? Why the hell bother?

Reply to
My Names Nobody

Good point, then again if you're building something that can tear it up you build it so it won't. Sort of like if you're building a 60,000 payload semi with a wooden hand brake to drag on the tire to stop it would be a little bit of a bad engineering practice. One never knows though, there are some truckers out there that would give it a try just as some would modify their cars beyond its/their capabilities.

Reply to
Dad

'Do u think a C6 would stand up pretty well with a ProCharger on it if one eases into the throttle ? Have you heard of any drivetrain anomolys with SC ing a C6/5/4 ? Thanks.' If one eases into the throttle? Why the hell bother?

REPLY: For a few reasons from the vette guys ive talked to who have them :

  1. To prevent out of control tire spin/fish tailing.

  1. To go easier on the drivetrain.

The Vette Guys who choose to go this route, havent had any problems with the Factory drivetrain that ive talked to. Problems seem to escalate when numbers 1 and 2 are ignored. Does this make sense to you ?

Reply to
dave

Hey Dave. I would just call Bowling Green. I imagine that one of the engineers there would be able to tell you how much torque and HP the transmission, drive line, and rear end can handle safely. Another group you could reach out to is Reeves Calloway; and I believe that Calloway Corvette (Sledgehammers, I believe they are called) are in Connecticut. I would have suggested John Lingenfelter; but sadly he passed away after some time in a coma (from a car accident). Oh, I know one other person who's opinion you can take as fact - John Hennessy at Hennessy Performance. They have moved from just doing Viper Venoms, to now doing Corvette Z06's.

Reply to
Anon

Lingenfelters are alive and well but without John. Their son-in-law has a seup about the same as the Decatur facility down in Texas I believe. As a point of intrest John built the first few twin turbos for Calloway.

Reply to
Dad

NO! If I was going to Screw around an put a blower on any car especially a Corvette, I would make damn sure that the engine and drive train could handle the power or I wouldn't bother. What you are describing is known around here as "A Half-Aassed Hotrod".

If you want to waste your time, effort and money slapping a blower on your Corvette and then driving it like your are afraid to grenade it, have fun. I think that is Stupid.

Reply to
My Names Nobody

Dad, do you know or have a link to the TX facility???

Reply to
Buhda

Yeah, but it might take me awhile to find the article that had that information. I belong to way to many organizations that send me information and sadly I just scan them most of the time and don't pay that much attention which periodical it might be in. Why, is the a problem Houston?? ;-))

Reply to
Dad

Feature that, how did that happen? What would tubs do, maybe some suspension work with some appropriately sized tires? What you want to do is build a 400 story skyscraper without floors 1 through 399.

What, and apply some reason to your driving, blaspheme!!!

About as much as you ever do. Lets see, first you state the vette guy don't have any problems and then you say they escalate? Just what do you mean? If they don't have any problems how can they escalate?? Have you ever looked at a professionally prepared, high performance Corvette? Even if not you surely have priced them and the price is a bit higher than the added cost of a puffer. My money is on the fact that the smart people put some money in the lower end, better, (alot better), pistons, flywheel, clutch, drive shaft, beef up the transmission, stouter gears and last but not least they know about where to stop on the added hourse power doing any good at all through the computer.

Well said, actually there is no reason not to build the engine to handle the horses and unless you dick with the computer the transmission will handle it. The clutch is the weak link.

Reply to
Dad

As an interesting who's-who note: Reeves Calloway of Corvette fame is the same as the Reeves Calloway of golf fame. I don't see the correlation between the two endeavors, as a set of clubs can't fit easily in the trunk of a Vette. :-)

Reply to
Anon

But they will fit!! Not as well as in the 911 but a soft bag will fit-- if they aren't Wilt Chamberlin's sticks.

Easy explanation: There were three endeavors that I know of and maybe a couple of more that I don't. Eli's family turned three fun hobbies into money here in San Diego, County. Golf equipment, Wine (Calloway Vinyards in Temecula -- now sold), and of course Reeve's auto performance and design business, now on the East Coast. Calloway Golf is still alive and well, following Eli's death a couple of years ago.

-- PJ

Reply to
PJ

No problem but I always dream of having my "next" car done up nice...of course it's always my "next" car.

Reply to
Buhda