Common ground C5?

I installed a new ABS module during the summer and solved my C1214 code problem. Recently it began a series of codes about every third or fourth start. The codes this go around are 1689, 1241, 1248, 1265, 1266, 1267,

1268, 1276. I have the description for all of them but was wondering if anyone knows if this points to a common ground point or another area I should look for. I can clear the codes while driving and they generally don't reappear until a follow-up start. The car is a 2001 C5. Thanks. Chris
Reply to
FBNE

Bob I

By chance do you know if the ground(s) for the EBCM is one of the common ground points? I have cleaned up the one near the front left headlight.

Reply to
FBNE

Without a manual you are spinning your wheels. There are 13 ground points, 3 on the engine, 1 each on the frame rails under the headlights, 4 on the doors, (1 each front and rear of the door, some inside the cabin), 1 up behind each of the 4 wheels. Those are general locations and may require you to remove items to access them.

From what your are describing I doubt it is a ground and is maybe the ABS unit. It is ether faulty or the connections were damaged when it was installed, but who knows when you have no manual to trouble shoot it properly. Without one it is like trying to hit a curve ball while standing on third base rather than home plate.

Try this guy if all else fails, some of the ABS units had problems that may need updated.

His ABS upgrade and guarantee can make your problems go away as long as you own the car.

Reply to
Dad

Thanks Dad, I am on my second ABS from Brandon now. These started about

3-5 months after I did the install. I will double check the large plug on the ABS and the other connections.
Reply to
FBNE

Whoa, you're working with him and can't get it fixed? What does he have to say about it?

Reply to
Dad

He is good with the C1214 valve fix, these appear to be an on my end issue. I believe I have a wiring or connector problem. it trips 8 codes on start up. Once driving down the road, I can clear the codes and they go away until the next start. Frustrating at best. I will chase the grounds on the front end of the car and the big common plug on the abs module first. I had hoped the codes pointed to a common grounding point.

I don't have a good service manual. Got a good suggestion?

Reply to
FBNE

Bob I

I second that, forget about after market, auto store manuals, go with the company prepared manual.

Have you had any battery issues especially a leaker?

Reply to
Dad

Not that I am aware of... I pull the battery and take a look.

Reply to
FBNE