2001 DTC C1214 code problem

Recently my 2001 displayed "service abs" & "service action traction system" warnings. I ran the error codes and had a number of stored (non current) codes and the C1214. All cleared with the exception of the C1214. On every startup the warnings reappear and the guilt lights stay on the dash. I have no power assist on the brakes, they still appear to be working as normal, but I have modified my driving to account for the lack of power assist.

I read in other forums about absfixer.com repairing the EBCM for a fraction of the cost of a new or refurbed module. It looks like a simple removal. Anyone have experience with absfixer or other suggestions? I have run all the connections, checked the 20amp & 40amp maxi fuses. I even tried the urban legend, slam on the brakes at 30mph to bring it back to life!

Chris

Reply to
FBNE