"Corvette's appeal is its excellence"

Corvette's appeal is its excellence Has there ever been a more prolific, more enduring or more successful halo vehicle than the Chevrolet Corvette? at

Mike

What excellance.???????????????.have you ever owned one..workmanship sucks....plastic crap ,velcro to hold on door panels,.dash gages that are garbage.door windows that are slow ,bad alternators fuel pumps interiors where nothing fits correctly.and pages more..what are you smoking..??????

There is no excellance anywhere I can see...!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You want real excellance look for imports...almost any import is better made than a Corvette.

Reply to
Wolfman

You are exactly right, Wolfman. Give me a good British sports car any day over a Corvette. Let's see today, I can buy a new British ..., ah, um, what is British built that is new today?

Lotus Exige S, 23 city/29 highway, top speed 148, 0-100 11 sec, base $59,890.

Lotus Elise, 24 city, 29 highway, top speed 150, 0-100 12.9 sec, base $46,270
TVR Sagaris top speed 160+, 0-100 8.1 sec,
S top speed 160+, 0-100 8.1 sec,
Can't find pricing for the US. Looks like Pound Sterling 41,100 (4.0 liter) to 46,500 (4.5 liter). I guess I can only have one if I move to England. Good idea, Wolfman, move there and buy one. Today, the Pound is $1.9774 US. So that figures to $81,271 base to $91,949. I would think for an additional $30,000 they could improve the interior over a $50,000 car.

Triumph? Dead

MG? Dead

Ok, Let's include Europe.

Porsche. Boxster top speed 160, 0-60 5.8 sec, $45,600 base Cayman top speed 160, 0-60 5.8 sec, $49,400 base I have to agree, Porsche has always had impeccable fit and finish. Of course, aren't these models the Paris Hilton of cars? A lot of look at me but no substance? To get a real Porsche, the 911, we start at the $72,000 base and work quickly up to and over $100,000 base. Hmm, isn't that Z06 territory?

Ferrari!! Not that I could afford one if I sold everything I had, but if they work as well as their website, I think you might be walking a lot. I guess the old saying is true, if you have to ask ...

I remember that in the TV show Magnum PI, Tom Selleck gave each of the stars a new Porsche as a gift. Seems odd a show that displays the Prancing Red Horse so much would get Porsches, unless there was more stories behind the show about that Ferrari.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Every douche has a bag...

Venger

Reply to
Venger

Sounds like the wife took off in the 'vette again, and left dufus playing at the computer. Do the world a favor dufus and go suck off a .38.

Reply to
Bob I

'There is no excellance anywhere I can see...!!!!!!!!!!!!!! '

REPLY: Your spelling indicates thusly .

Reply to
dave

Yes, the pathetic dufus couldn't even copy the word from the subject line correctly. His displayed level of incompetence would indicate even mediocrity is an unobtainable goal for him.

Reply to
Bob I