Entry and Exit

My friend loves Corvettes but he will not buy one because he feels at his age (actually 8 years younger than me) there is no way he can into or out of a car that low without looking like a turtle turned over on its shell. Another friend and 1999 owner agrees and always waits until no one is looking before he gets in or out. I find this all incredible but perhaps this really is an issue and GM needs to add an option for one of those seat lifts that rises up the La-Z-Boy to get Grandpa back on his feet.

Charles

Reply to
Tikbalang

After nearly 50 years of driving Corvettes I've been thinking about getting an automatic again because of bad knees but I don't understand your/their thinking. I could give a rats ass what other people think about what I look like getting in and out of a car, let alone a Corvette. Are we such vain people to be intimidated by what strangers think? One club member tows a trailer to carry his motorized scooter to get around on club tours. An old friend of mine has had polio since the 50s and he can get in and out and walks with two canes. It's worth it to wait for him to get in but don't try to help him or you'll get a cane up side the head. He has pride, those you are talking about have vanity. I don't see it as a problem GM needs to address, get it and drive it.

Reply to
Dad

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 12:44:12 -0500, "Dad" puked:

I guess as you get older you get used to that kinda thing... ;)

lab~rat >:-)

OOH that's gonna leave a mark

kickstart

Reply to
kickstart

kickstart, wrote the following at or about 12/4/2006 2:55 PM:

Besides which, one doesn't enter and exit a Corvette. One wears it - with pride

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Reply to
RicSeyler

He'll get over it if he has any balls at all.

Reply to
Dad

If you think a Vette can be challenging? I was at a car show a few months back and I crawled into a Mitsibishi Spyder. My wife was laughing at me because I literally came out of the car on my knees! I'll keep my '77 Vette thank you very much!...Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

LOLOL!

Reply to