Glue For Lettering?

The "V" in CORVETTE on the back of my C5 fell off. Just wondering if there is a certain type of glue I should use to put it back on. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Reply to
Brian

I would use Goo available at most hobby stores. It is a soft adhesive and if you want to remove the Corvette lettering at some time in the future, it will not bring the paint with it. Residue cleans up easily with water. I use Goo to affix miniature people to plastic seats in toy trains. They can be removed without leaving a trace.

snipped-for-privacy@msn.com

Blue C5

Okay, glad I asked. I was thinking about using silicone seal, but it might not have a good enough bond. I'll get the Goo. (I have a few N scale trains I set up every Christmas) Thanks for your help!

Reply to
Brian

Sure that's not called "Goop" ? If so, I was going to suggest the very same thing. Also known industrially as E-6000 adhesive. Awesome stuff.

-W

Okay, glad I asked. I was thinking about using silicone seal, but it might not have a good enough bond. I'll get the Goo. (I have a few N scale trains I set up every Christmas) Thanks for your help!

Reply to
Clams Canino

No, What I use is Goo. Comes in a tube and is a rust colored adhesive. Contact cement would be a more permanent option, but one could never get it off without damaging the paint, in my opinion.

Reply to
Blue C5

I used "Plumber's Goop" to keep my letters on. Probably about the same thing except it is clear.

Reply to
Jon

Goop (as I've learned) is not Goo.

Goop can also be removed safely......... but the trick is to safely separate the 2 parts first. On an open surface goop is easily removed.

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino

..

I needed to get some more yesterday. Goo is made by Walthers - hobby outfit. The store was out of it but had "ZAP Goo" - the same stuff with an altered name to get around trademark issues. $3.99 for a tube

- about $1 higher than Walthers.

Reply to
Blue C5