Has anyone experienced a broken turn signal lever for a 91(C4) Corvette

I am getting fustrated replacing this lever. This is the 4th lever broken already. This must be a design problem. Out of nowhere, as move the level to the right, the lever feels loose and there is no click. But the left movement does work. This is the same problem that occured when the lever fails on the 4 occasions. Eventhough the car is a '91, it only has 57.000 miles. This is crazy that I have to have this part replaced every 14,000 miles. All the mechanics I talk to said they never heard of this problem on a vette, but they are quick to charge me $500 to replace it. This price seems universal since I went to 3 places to have the part replace. Does anyone know where I can go or is the a stronger version than this switch that is not Delco (crooks). I am a handy person that would love to replace it myself, but the stupid SAR prevents me to do it. Any advice or recommendation is a help. I rather not sell the car for such a stupid probem.

Reply to
LRCR