Turn Signal Lever Problem

I have a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee which the turn signal has came apart. The part that turns the wipers on/off has came off the turn signal lever. I still have the spring that was inside and there is still a pin through the brass rod that the piece that fell off went over but I can't get the parts back together. I really have no idea what was holding it on. I went by the local Chrysler dealer but they told me that they haven't seen this happen before and I would probably need the entire assembly. I would like to just repair this if I could just find the missing part that I need to keep the end on the turn signal lever. Does anyone happen to know where I could find a diagram of how this goes together or what I will need?

Thanks in advance and I hope this makes sense. I do not know what the proper name for the parts are.

Reply to
servu

Although the dealer is probably right, you still might be able to fix it. I would recommend taking it to a repair shop, or mechanic to see if it can be repaired first. Often times the dealer will not want to deal with a miniscule taks....they would much rather sell you an assembly and charge yo ubig bucks for it. The other alternative is to go to a junk yard and pick up a used one and put it in yourself. often times they get about half of what a dealer would want for theirs. My wife's car had a turn signal switch problem.... only her started to smoke, so I had to get it fixed in a hurry. The whole assembly cost me 28 bucks at a junk yard.

Good Luck....

Fwed

Reply to
fweddybear

The repair is to replace the multifunction switch assembly. Part costs about $45 and it's a very easy, 15-minute job. You probably will not be able to put the broken switch back together.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern