Help with 1981 a/c

When I turn my a/c on it blows the 25 amp fuse under the dash, I hear a loud click from what I believe is the slider for the a/c and heat. I unplugged the wires from the compressor, cooling coil and what I think is the low Freon switch next to the coil and it still blows the fuse.

Not sure what to do next, any help would be great.

Thanks

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
<tkmcelligott

look for junk in the slider sounds like to me something is shorting the slider itself not the compressor or othe A/c parts.

Reply to
vetteman