Hi-Temp exhaust paint recommend?

I'm getting ready to install a new exhaust system w/mufflers on my 63 SB that I bought from Zip- 14-gauge aluminized tubing (.070 wall). Has anyone used a paint on this type of exhaust for a rust inhibitor? If yes, what brand and did they have a good long-term result. I have the paint for the exhaust headers, already. This will be from header to tail-pipe. Thanx- Lib

Reply to
lib

I used DupliColor DH1602 High Heat (1200 degree) Black to black out the rear half on new aluminized pipes six years ago and it still looks good... Wipe everything with laquer thinner to clean oil film before paint... FWIW, the area of pipes not painted have very little rust.

Joe, 72 coupe

Reply to
Joe M

Send your headers to Jet Hot and have them coated on the inside and out. You'll like the way it looks and it will look like new forever. I had the exhaust manifolds and the intake done on my V8 S10 Blazer 3 years ago and

20k miles later they look like I just pulled them out of the box. I had the intake done in silver and the manifolds done in gray.
Reply to
JG