new antenna... bad reception...ugh!

I bought a replacement antenna from zip products for my '88 C4 and everything works great except the reception... it sucks. I checked all my coonections, grounds (especially my mast ground) and blammo!, crappy reception. I think it was better with the non functioning stock pos. Any thoughts?? (Thank God i had a disc changer added!)

walt '88 conv

Reply to
wallster

Ugh.. I feel your pain. I had the antenna shaved on my C5 vert and then installed an in-dash amplified antenna (like they did in one of the Vette mags). Try wrapping a ball of tin foil on the end of it.

-Stan '99 Triple Black Procharged Vert '00 Torch Red Coupe

Reply to
sbright