Keys for a 99vet

Can someone tell me how many keys are there for a 99 vet.?? Sounds like a crazy question, but I bought a vet over the winter while the car was in storage. The seller only gave me 2 keys they are both the same. They are keys for the ignition. Are there keys for the door as well. Or is it 1 key for everything. I thought that the door would have it's own key ,, like my other GM car.

Reply to
vette99jl
1 key for both door and ignition

Reply to
<corvettetrey

97 - 99 GM 10-cut key one key fits all.
Reply to
'Key

Did you ever think of trying the keys you have to open the door..???DUH...

Reply to
grayfox

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

grayfox wrote:

Reply to
RicSeyler

too bad there are so many jerks on this news group that think everyone in the world if as smart as they are and have to express their opinions to display how their intelligence is so far and above the normal person

Reply to
John Edwards

============

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA i was just going to say that.... it takes you all winter to figure that out ? Imagine how long it would take you to figure out when to change the oil...

Reply to
E_Tar

Reply to
John Edwards

I realize the responses could upset you, but the way you asked the question did seem peculiar. No one is after you, just reacting to the question which sort of begged the next question. Relax, if possible.

Reply to
BDragon

Oh come now John..... We were all just poking a little fun at your expense... take it easy man... :-) you have a '99 C5, one of the nicest vettes in my book.

You have to admit though, you're question was funny as hell, I mean, come on, any car be it a toyota camry or mercedes has a single key these days that opens everything..Now some of the older vettes had seperate keys for the ignition and the door, but thats a 30 year old car i'm talking about.

You need to calm down, take the key, go to your garage and through trial and error fit it into all the little slots that it might fit in. If some don't work , note it down on a little piece of paper and put it in your wallet so you dont make the same mistake again. There, that was simple eh ?

Reply to
E_Tar

The car is still in storage,, all I have is the keys. I could not get to the the car and try the key, otherwise yes that would make sense. That's why it sounds like such a dumb question.. tks

Reply to
vette99jl

E_Tar,,, is that short for retard !! I you could read my msg it said the car IS in storage.

Reply to
vette99jl

sometimes the truth hurts :-)

Reply to
'Key

Hopefully the car came with a key fob? I'm not trying to jump on the bash bandwagon, but you purchased a car without trying the keys? Did you drive it or ask the person who sold it to you any questions? Did the seller disappear and become unreachable after selling you the car? Seems quicker and less painful to ask that person this question rather than put yourself out there for this kind of treatment.

Anyway, your question was answered with the first reply.

Reply to
enilc

Quote: " too bad there are so many jerks on this news group .."

John , since you're so touchy about it, I apologize for being a jerk having a little harmless fun.

This group has some of the nicest, friendliest and most helpful corvette owners. I've solved many a problem, just reading what they have to offer and what would otherwise cost me a lot of labor in a shop.

All the best. It is customary to wave to other corvette owners on the road when you get your car out of storage.

Reply to
E_Tar